Tuesday 18 June 2013

NYX soft matte lip cream review (with swatches)

If you havent already tried the NYX soft matte lip creams, you really should! I can't compare these lip products to anything else, as they really are quite unique.
 
On the packing is the statement 'It's not a lipstick, nor is it gloss. It's like nothing you've experienced before. It's lipstick cream that goes on silky and looks soft matte.' I definitely agree with this statement, as I already said they are completely different to any other lip product that I have tried- and believe me I've tried a lot!  
L-R: Antwerp, Istanbul, Milan
Before I buy any kind of lip product I always have a browse online to see if I can find any swatches of how the product looks on the lips (as its always hard to tell the true colour once applied on the lips). Below are some photos that I have taken of each of the lip creams, with and without flash.
 

I first purchased Antwerp from the NYX website (as I live in the UK). Although there were a number of shades which I was keen to try, I decided it would be best to only buy one just incase I didn't like the product. However, I was amazed with how good these lip creams are. I'm a matte lipstick girl, so for me these are the perfect product. They are SO easy to apply and so I always have one in my bag whenever I go out, just incase I feel the need for a pop of colour on my lips.
 
There are currently 13 different shades, all priced at £5.00- which I think is an excellent price for the quality of the product (the only downside was paying for postage and packing, which is around £4.00 I believe).
 
The doe-foot applicator allows a quick and even application (as you can tell from the photo below these lip creams have had a lot of use), making these lip creams the perfect lip product if you need to apply and go!
 
Tip: if I'm not feeling going all out and only want a little bit of colour on my lips, I dab some of the product onto my finger and swipe across my lips for an even but subtle colour.

 
Matte lip products tend to be a little drying on the lips, but I haven't found this to be a problem with these lip products. In fact I think they are quite moisturising! As for how long they last on the lips, I find this varies between colours. Milan and Antwerp are great and tend to last quite a long time, where as Istanbul tends to fade a little quicker (I think this is perhaps the result of being a lighter shade). 
 Overall I have found these to be great lip products which are affordable as well as delivering great quality. 
 If you're interested in trying out NYX soft matte lip creams here's a direct link to the website: 
 http://www.nyxcosmeticsstore.co.uk/acatalog/SMLC_-_Soft_Matte_Lip_Cream.html

Have you tried NYX soft matte lip creams, or any of NYX lip products? If so let me know what you think!

 
Much love,
 
Amber x
 
 

1 comment: